Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Madonna Artwork ( I )

Here are a few drawings based on Madonna. I'm a huge admirer of her as an artist and musician. I really admire the way she is able to transform and always manages to surprise people with what she does. I'm an equally big fan of the people she collaborates with. Great photographers like Herb Ritts, Steven Klein, Jean Baptiste Mondino and video directors like David Fincher, Mark Romanek and Jonas Akerlund.

The pieces below are based on the drawing style of Alessandro Barbucci, of Sky Doll fame. He makes these amazing drawings with very strong poses of females. The fist three drawings were drawn by hand and then colored in photoshop. The last drawing was drawn in flash using a tablet. Then I used flash to fill the main areas and did lightning effects in photoshop.

These pieces were downloadable for members of a Madonna fan community site I run ( www.madonnamad.com ). They could use the illustrations as wallpapers or print them on t-shirts to wear them at concerts.




No comments: